Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

When the weather starts to cool off and pumpkin stands pop up all over, then I know it’s time to dig out this family favorite recipe. I love to make my own pumpkin puree and pumpkin butter from scratch and then we roast up all those yummy pumpkin seeds. There are never enough for in one pumpkin for us. However, I always make a huge batch of this overnight Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal in the slow cooker.

It’s so easy to throw together right before bed and then wake up to the house smelling like you’ve been baking a pumpkin pie all night long.  The good news is this has way less calories than the pie, but the taste will totally fake you out!  AMAZING, I tell you…just AMAZING!

My kids and I are sweet oatmeal fans so I tend to add more brown sugar than most, but it makes it even that much better.  If you don’t normally eat sweet oatmeal, then leave out the brown sugar or add just a couple tablespoons.  You can always add more before serving.  I also top mine with nuts, but I was thinking next time I’m going to try dried cranberries.  I think that would just be divine!

I throw this together often on Friday or Saturday nights so that when we have a busy morning with soccer games or church we still get a good hearty breakfast without a lot of fuss!

Keep reading after the recipe for 9 other great slow cooker breakfast recipes from some of my favorite bloggers or check out my other delicious pumpkin recipes!  They sound amazing, so go check them out!

OVERNIGHT PUMPKIN PIE OATMEAL


Total Time

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 1/2 cups steel cut oats
  • 4 1/2 cups water (depending on if you like thicker or thinner oatmeal)
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (about half a can)
  • 2 tsps pure vanilla extract
  • 2 tsps pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/4- 1/2 cup brown sugar

DIRECTIONS

  1. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stirring occasionally if you can.
  2. Season to taste with salt and/or more brown sugar.
  3. ©Around My Family Table
by 
NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size
Amount Per ServingAs Served
Calories 766kcalCalories from fat 81
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9g0%
Saturated Fat 2g0%
Sodium 75mg0%
Carbohydrate 157g0%
Dietary Fiber 18g0%
Sugars 63g
Protein 19g
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
CALORIES2000
Total FatLess than65g
Sat FatLess than25g
CholesterolLess than300mg
SodiumLess than2,400mg
Total Carbohydrate300g
Dietary Fiber25g