altar'd state ots top
The heat this summer has been close to unbearable. I try not to go outside if I don’t need to. But staying inside for days on end is something that I really can’t do. There’s work that has to be done, events, get-togethers with friends, and impromptu vacations. To keep yourself from being overwhelmed with the heat, it is all about picking the right fabric and choosing the right pieces.
For the summer, I have been picking out specific pieces that keep me cool and comfortable. I am a lover of dresses, but every once and awhile I fall into the slump of not shaving my legs because I get into a bum state and just throw in maxi dresses. But I only have so many and I can’t wear shorts with un-shaved legs. So my trick with wearing jeans in the summer is to grab jeggings that are light in fabric, or jeans that are distressed. Allow your legs to breathe a little so that you’re not too overwhelmed with the heat.
Also, you don’t have to be afraid to wear long sleeves in the summer. Sometimes it helps to wear long sleeves if your skin is a little sensitive. The sun can be brutal.  I do my best to stay away from cotton and I wear a lot of off-the-shoulder long-sleeved tops. With the OTS tops, I can have my hair protect my bared skin so that the sun doesn’t burn it. Make sure to wear open toed shoes to let the heat escape from your feet as well.
Also think of the beauty aspects of your look, having your hair down means that your hair isn’t sitting on top of your head holding back the heat from escaping. I know it sounds weird, but this was explained to me once and it has helped me in my styling for the summer. With you make-up, don’t wear a lot of it that clogs your pores. It will make you feel better to wear more of a tinted moisturizer that will give you a look of having on foundation and evening out your skin tone. There are even primers that are tinted that won’t fully clog your pores and make you feel like your face is over heating. I tend to stick with wearing my Hydrablur primer from Dermalogica in the summer with a tinted finishing powder. Nothing too heavy and my skin is getting the right hydration and I don’t feel like I am melting. You can check out my beauty shop page to see what products I am using this summer.

SHOP THE LOOK:
   
summer style tipscity chicsummer stylesummer style tips
SaveSave
SaveSave

oxo,