Pedialyte – A Tasty Way for Kids to Stay Hydrated

I have been compensated by Pedialyte for this post; however, I am sharing my own thoughts. All opinions are my own.
Our house was hit pretty hard with “the sickies” last week. Kayleigh woke up in the middle of the night with a temperature of 103.1, then proceeded to get sick all over her bedroom rug, and John and I both came down with a horrendous head cold that lasted several days. Needless to say, it wasn’t a very fun week and I am thankful that we are all finally on the mend.
It was a rough week, but we managed to push through it, somehow. Parenting is hard, but it’s even harder when you are sick, too. To make things easier, I got Kayleigh all snug and comfortable on the couch during the day, played her favorite movies on the television, and kept her well hydrated with Pedialyte, of course. She was really easy going, and quite content with that, thankfully. It allowed John and I to also get some rest while we were fighting our head colds.
I have given Kayleigh Pedialyte during sick times for a while now. She is normally very picky about everything she eats and drinks, especially when she is sick, but she really loves the flavor of Pedialyte, and I love to see her drinking hydrating liquids.
Pedialyte Powder Packs
I always try to keep some Pedialyte Powder Packets on hand, so we have them when we need them. They are available at Walmart, where I do most of my grocery shopping, so I just add a box to my cart every once in a while to keep my stock up. They are right in the baby section, which I frequent quite often anyway, for diapers and wipes, etc. Pedialyte also comes in ready-made 1 liter bottles and freezer pops!
Pedialyte
The Powder Packets are so easy to store and use. I love that I can stash them in the car, my purse, diaper bag, etc. for whenever Kayleigh needs a little extra hydration. While we mostly use them during sick days, they also come in handy when we have been running around outside, or spending the day basking in the sun at the beach.
Pedialyte
I pack a few 16oz. bottles of water and when we need a little added hydration, I pour two of the Pedialyte Powder Packets into the bottle and shake it up. It’s really so easy! Sometimes we put two of the same flavor in, and sometimes we mix it up by adding two different flavors.
Pedialyte
Since we were all feeling so much better today, we decided to head out to the park to get some fresh air. I wanted to make sure that Kayleigh was well hydrated, as we are still just getting over this sickness, so I made up a bottle of the Pedialyte when we got home. She requested apple and grape together, and absolutely loved it!
Pedialyte Collage
Pedialyte is the #1 pediatrician-recommended oral electrolyte solution and the #1 pharmacist recommended brand for hydration. It’s really a great beverage choice for helping to prevent dehydration, as sports drinks, juice, and soda are too high in sugar and too low in sodium, which is an important electrolyte lost due to diarrhea and vomiting.
Are you a member of ibotta? I have been for a while, and I absolutely love it! I get cash back on my grocery purchases, and whenever I reach $20, I can request a deposit directly into my Paypal account. Cha-ching! Right now, you can get $2 off any (1) 8 ct powder pack of Pedialyte with the ibotta app. How great is that?! I know I will be stocking up!